Request for cancellation or postponement of your IELTS test must be made strictly 5 weeks before the test date via email or in person only. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
- Cancellation more than five weeks ahead of the test date – you will receive a full refund (less a 25% administrative fee)
- Cancellation less than five weeks ahead of the test date you will receive no refund*
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation, no refund will be issued, and you must register and pay again if you wish to take the test on another date*
* Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer within the 5-week period prior to the test date, or those who fail to appear for their scheduled test, can receive a refund (less a 25% administrative fee) if they can provide evidence within 5 days that their ability to sit for the test has been affected by serious illness or cause:
- Serious Illness – hospital admission or serious injury
- Loss or Bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/Trauma – victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military Service
You must complete a “Request for Refund” or “Test Day Transfer Form” and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence; such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate or a police report. Contact your local test centre for more information. Refunds Contact your local IDP IELTS test centre for more information about the refund policy.